Thursday, May 12, 2011

This life is too short.

It's a sad day in our little town today.  A truly gentle soul was taken in a no-fault traffic accident yesterday and we're all still reeling from the impact. 

This life is too short for misery.  It's too short for regrets.  Events like this rock me to the core and remind me that life is fragile, fleeting, temporary.  Most things that bother us from day to day really don't matter, in the grand scheme of things.  Does this belt really work over this cardigan?  It doesn't matter.  What does matter is taking the time to appreciate the people in your life and enjoying it as much as you can.  If that means making a scary change in order to give happiness a chance to grow, then do it.  Any minute could be our last, and yet if I do make it to 95 I don't want any "what-ifs" plaguing my final thoughts. 

Be at peace, Anthony.  Many thoughts and prayers are with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment