Sunday, May 8, 2011

Second Saturday show a success!

Yesterday was our second try at setting up at The White Elephant and, again, we did pretty well!  We're combining my jewelry with some household rummage sale stuff we need to get rid of, but either way it's gone well both times.  This is what my table looked like at the start of the day, but it got a little windy so the necklaces ended up on the table instead of on their velvet cards.  That turned out to be okay actually, people were more willing to pick the pieces up than when they were on the cards, so I may do that more often.  Maybe just set up one standing display so you can see from a distance that there are necklaces there, but have the rest on the table?  Also, on the right is my earring display board.  I make my earring cards out of card stock and Dad built the display board for me, so I think it looks pretty nice but my earrings don't sell nearly as well as my necklaces do.  Any thoughts? 

Next in line is to bump up my marketing.  I need to get the unsold pieces listed on Etsy so I hope to do that today, then start working on brochures for custom orders to hand out around town.  My parents' personal banker suggested that and I think it's a fantastic idea!  Certainly couldn't hurt to try.

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely mothers out there!  Hope you all have a glorious day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment