Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring Fever: I'm just plain crazy.

I'm seriously considering taking up crochet.  Why does this make me crazy?  I have a million other things on my plate already and I still haven't decided for sure what to do about my job situation so time is still a major issue. 

Pros: 
1.  I always have trouble finding belts, headbands, cardigans, etc. that do what I need them to do.  This will make all that MUCH easier on me considering how often I get to actually go clothes shopping for a specific item like that.
2.   I already have ideas for crochet-bead jewelry.
3.  Looks like fun, and not too hard to figure out considering many, many hours of my childhood were spent tying the house up in knots, right Mom?

Cons:
1.  Time.  I'll have to make room for it and I rarely sit down long enough for anything like that because, frankly, I have a lot to get done.  All the time.
2.  I'm good at starting gung-ho on projects that never get past halfway finished.  I must have inherited that.
3.  Cost...kinda, if I get into the fancy yarns, which I won't for a while... but again, this will expand opportunities for my crafting business.

I should pick up some macrame anyway since I'm working in hemp now too.  Perhaps I'm just fidgety and feel that learning something new will kinda propel me out of the rut I'm in.  I've only been out of school for a couple of years, maybe my way of coping with that and the transition to "real life" is to need to learn something completely new once or twice a year or so.  Hmmm, there may be something to that.  For now, I need to paint my window frames so I can maybe put my curtains back up this weekend.  It's finally a nice weekend and I'm finally getting some work done around here!  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. You do your research on yarns, you'll find ways to save moola. Crochet/knitting is stuff you can pick up or set down and walk away (obviously as I always have 6 projects going at once). It's marvelous for the fidgety nights and it's AWESOME SO DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol FIIINNNEEEE. we'll have time to look around Michael's tomorrow for beads anyway, so we could stop by Borders for the books first

    ReplyDelete