Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Fever: Literally.

Not quite a fever yet but my head is threatening to explode from allergies-verging-on-a-cold.  My existence is a rather miserable one at the moment, regardless of the medications I've used today.  My parents have both had a nasty flu, Mom for almost 2 weeks now so I've had to pick up a little of her slack too and pray I don't get actually sick from it.

So that said, hello!  The last few weeks have been, at the very least, hectic.  A roller coaster of mundane and emotional ups and downs, new opportunities, and an utter lack of housework.  I've had a couple new side jobs come up that I can't turn down because I simply need more money to live on than I make.  I'm getting a few extra hours at a different agency up in Rapid City on Mondays helping with their marketing calls, so that takes a larger chunk out of my Mondays than Symphony normally would but it's not hard to deal with.  I interviewed last Tuesday for a new merchandising job that would be part-time some weekends, and since I haven't heard back from that I suspect it won't come through.  Judging by the amount of "free time" I've had lately, I would have trouble keeping it up anyway.  This weekend I've been helping my chiropractor's family clean their newly purchased house before they move in. I'll be going back this afternoon to shampoo the carpets, then next week they want to paint the entire house, basically.  I won't be around for that because of my regular job, but I think it will take longer than they think it will, based on my own recent experience with house-painting.  At any rate, I've barely been home enough to sleep lately and the sudden onslaught of allergies with the coming of spring is about to knock me on my butt for a while just to make me relax a bit.

I have some interesting jewelry retail opportunities coming up.  The White Elephant flea market in town will be opening its doors to community vendor tables starting the first weekend in May, so Mom and I will take some household stuff down there we need to sell and I'm thinking I should set up a jewelry display as well.  Certainly can't hurt.  Also, my first merchandising job at the VA Canteen (the job itself is almost more of a pain than it's worth) may prove to be a good jewelry outlet.  The canteen chief there is always looking for vendors, she says, so she'd like it if I set up a display there sometime before Mother's Day.  Both of these are exciting, since I wouldn't have to pay for a table or anything, but that means I need to scour my calendar for a good VA day plus make sure I have a decent amount of inventory for both of them.  Enter my frustration at not having been at home for long enough to even get all my laundry done in one day.  Tonight after shampooing carpets I'll try to relax, maybe make a necklace, and take a look at my calendar so I can get this all figured out.  I have a concert on April 9th and need to make a visit to Cody, WY after that to see two of my best friends once before their baby comes and maybe get a glimpse of Yellowstone while the parks are free, April 16th-24th.  The more I list the things I have to do the more intimidated I feel...yeek!

Anyway, I need to get some lunch before cleaning.  Must calm down and get my head on straight or I'll never get everything taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. You are so busy!!! The flea market sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I hope your jewelry sells really well there! ~Val

    ReplyDelete