Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Fever: The Great Thaw.

So.  It's been a long week, and I'm worn out and not feeling the greatest, on the verge of a sore throat that I must've picked up from Mom's flu that she picked up at the concert last weekend.  I did manage to get some Pilates in this morning and a short (but not easy) hike this afternoon so at least I didn't stay in bed all day like I wanted to.

Our snow was deep.  It still is deep in spots, on my little hike there were spots deep in the trees where it was still up to my knees even after 3 good days of melting.  There's a little dip in the neighbor's field that will run a little river when we get melting like this, which has only happened a few times in my life.  Luckily it's not flowing across my driveway because we were smart enough to put a culvert there, but there's a puddle higher up that is draining across so my driveway is a disaster.  Today I decided to follow the river to our back acres to see the waterfall.  I knew there was a little ravine back there but hadn't seen the waterfall before.  It was a short walk but hard to do in knee-deep snow lol.

Knee-deep snow still!
Ravine
Waterfall, but with too much glare
Waterfall (see it? on the left...ittybitty little stream...)
Top side of the waterfall
River in my parents' drainage field...it almost looks like a moat here lol
Neighbor's land, start of the river from the roadside ditch
So, with that said, I'm going to take it easy tonight and try to kick this bug before it kicks me. Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment