Monday, August 1, 2011

Fresh from the desk: Pink camo purse

Yes, that's what it is!  The button is mother-of-pearl, hand-crocheted in 100% US-grown cotton yarn.  I wasn't expecting the color to turn out like this, since I'm new to crocheting and hadn't worked with anything variegated, so I didn't think the color would be so blocky, but the purse pattern was cute and I wanted to try it and by the time I realized that it looked like pink camo I wanted to just finish the thing.  When I was picking out the yarn, I had been browsing Fall runway fashion and was looking for something slightly more interesting than khaki (which is EVERYWHERE on the runways... seriously...) but was still basically neutral.  Oh well.

So, here we are!  It is a cute pattern, and as much as people love camo out here I'm sure it's perfect for someone.  The next one I make will have a longer strap but otherwise I like the pattern a lot.  And maybe some fringe or beads or something...hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment